Epics are humans who were afflicted with super powers. The powers affect them in a way that changes their personality and destroys their humanity and believe themselves to rulers among men.
Epic powers range from weak, such as infinite handgun bullets, to total invulnerability and infinite energy generation
Use of Epic abilities causes the Epic to express extreme hatred. All Epics have a weakness, which could be anything, that deprives them of their powers making them easier to kill. The Reckoners use this flaw to kill Epics on their hit list.
Known Epics Edit
Book One Edit
Steelheart's group Edit
- Steelheart - the most powerful Epic in America and ruthless ruler of Newcago (originally Chicago)
- Nightwielder - Steelheart's right hand man
- Firefight - a fire manipulating epic, which is really an illusion created by Megan, the real Firefight.
- Faultline - a powerful but fragile earth manipulator who was under Steelheart's group, but later challenged him but perished. She had two second-tier abilities-moving softer earth and turning earth and stone into sand-which combined into a first-tier Epic. She would soften the ground and then pulling that earth back to form a crack in the earth.
- Donny Harrison/Curveball
- Edmund Sense/Conflux - thought to be head of Enforcement and part of Steelheart's inner circle, but was really just a prisoner serving as Newcago's power source
- Gyro, Shadowblight, Earless, Absence, Daystorm, Redleaf (all deceased by the reckoners)
- Calling War - an epic the Reckoners failed to kill and barely escape from.
- Ides Hatred - an epic that once challenged Steelheart, but perished; destroyed an entire city block in battle
- Strongtower- an epic who had one ability similar to Steelheart
- Armsman of Omaha, Snowfall and Lightning of Sacramento
- Pink Pinkness, Rick O' Shea
Book Two Edit
- Regalia - a mysterious, wily, and powerful Epic who rules Babilar - Babylon Restored (Originally Manhatten Island).
- Knoxx - an animal shapeshifter
- Waterlog/Georgi - a small-time thug from Orlando. Regalia saw potential in him and turned him into an Epic via Calamity with waterjet powers (levitation via water). Killed and DNA acquired for Spyril to mimic his power.
- Instabam - one of the epics sent by Regalia, just like Mitosis and Sourcefield; had supposedly potato powers
- Amala - deceased member of Prof's and Regalia's old team, and Knighthawk's wife
- Murkwood/Lincoln - deceased member of Prof's and Regalia's old team
- Clapper - a high Epic whose prime invincibility was to wrap air around him in a way which caused anything such as a spear or bullet to not go through him, but around him, without there being actual impact.
- Punos de Fuego - a deceased epic from Hermosillo with beastly strength, enhanced endurance, and elephant-like skin; killed by Val via tank; considered very hard to kill
- Night's Sorrow - an epic just as fearful as Steelheart and Obliteration, but also more tyrannical
- Hawkham - an epic w/ similar powers to Newton but with different effects.
Book Three Edit
- The Coven: loose alliance of Epics who don't bother each other yet help defend Ildithia from other Epics
- Calamity / Larcener
- Stormwind - an epic whose rain manipulation caused plants to grow rapidly.
- Loophole - one of the most powerful epics of the Coven; a size manipulator and had augmented speed. Her weakness was someone sneezing in her presence. She throws parties at Sharp tower for other Epics and gang leaders. Has a deep love for cupcakes and will kill anyone for making any flaws in your development. Also, shrinks people and makes them dance for entertainment. Killed by David.
- The Creer Twins (Hanjah and Mad Pen) - twins with same powers (Air pressure control, Precognition , and Pain manipulation). They're the only Epic twins that never killed each other, compared to others. Currently in Charleston.
- Dynamo - a young epic with Sound manipulation. Becomes terrified of Prof and swears loyalty to him. Can use his power to increase the sound of voices.
- Neon - a minor epic who sides with Prof. Manipulates light (orbs, lasers, etc.), and loud noises is his weakness. Has a British accent, shaved head and a spiked leather jacket.
- Dead Drop - an Epic with a duplicating ability like Mitosis, but taken by Larcener. It's really a decoy creation power where one can project his conscious and powers into.
- Fabrege, Dragdown, Inkwell, and Fuego (a Dowser) are all part of Prof's group.
- Wiper - a female who had the power to disrupt the power of other Epic's external powers (i.e. she can disrupt Prof's forcefields, but not his regeneration. Killed by David.
- Inkom, Brachin, etc. - other Coven Epics mentioned in the Coven.
- Lifeline - an epic with minor electric powers and telepathy; killed by the destruction of Sharp tower.
- Darkness Infinity - a female epic who had the ability to jump between shadows. Killed by the destruction of Sharp tower. (her nickname was the 4th one she made to be cooler but no avail).
- Installah and the Thaub - both killed by the destruction of Sharp tower. One could for force a person to speak in rhyme and the other can speak in any made-up language.
- Tavi - a dimensional shadow of Prof's and Tia daughter. Has the same powers as Prof. (except the color of her forcefields are blue, not green). In the dimension she comes from, she's a Reckoner just like Firefight and Steelheart (David 's father of an alternative reality)
- Blain Charleston/Steelheart - a dimensional shadow of David's father with Steelheart's powers; he became the driving force to show Calamity the errors of his ways.
- Mizzy - after Calamity's departure, Mizzy became an Epic (powers unknown).
- The Wooden Soul - already deceased; had the ability to control mannequins. Controlled by Knighthawk for personal use.
- rtich - a deceased Russian epic who was not a High Epic but was still powerful w/ her poisonous mercury power. Her power is acquired by Knighthawk and used by the Reckoners against Prof.
- Demo, Blastweave, etc. - deceased epics collected by Knighthawk's company.
- Hardcore- the top Epic of Kansas City, who is destroyed by Obliteration
- Terms- ruler of nomadic traders and a time manipulator. David always wanted to see her.
- Brainstorm - an epic who had ability to conjure objects, but taken by Larcener
- Powder - an Epic who tried to take over Canada. Has the power to can gunpowder and similar material to explode by eyesight. Abraham was a survivor of his carnage.